Stop thinking like an expert. Don’t show off to your prospects.
Prospects have their own problems.
Focus on those problems
You want to be writing, talking, publishing, sharing, and answering questions about the problems your prospects are facing.
Prospects care about solving their problems.
If you want to help your prospects solve their problems, then you want to deeply understand two things:
- The problem they’re facing
- Their hopes, fears, and dreams
Once you understand these two things, you’re equipped to help them solve their problem.
- You know where they currently are – the problem they’re facing
- You know exactly what they’re worried about – their fears
- You know where they want to be – their hopes and dreams
As a consultant, your job is to help your prospect better see how to get from where they currently are to where they want to be, avoiding what they’re worried about.