Now accepting applications for the 2019 Women in Business Scholarship
“Why this scholarship?”
Women make up nearly half of the global workforce; however, gender equality isn’t a reality in the corporate or entrepreneur worlds. To encourage women to pursue education and careers in business and entrepreneurship, Davis Industries has established the Kai Davis Women in Business Scholarship. One (1) scholarship of $500 is awarded annually.
“Who is eligible for this scholarship?”
Women of any age, pursuing an accredited business or business-related program who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute.
- Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted (applicants must still be attending school to receive this award).
- Must submit verification of current enrollment with application materials.
- Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
“What’s included in the scholarship?”
If selected, you’ll receive a $500 cash stipend. You can use this however you’d like in the pursuit of your education.
“Why did you create this scholarship?”
While in college, I received a number of scholarships that helped me focus on pursuing my education. In turn, I created this scholarship to provide a resource and path for current students to further their study — either as part of the classroom or independently.
“How do I apply?”
The following information will be useful in writing your essay and preparing your application:
“Who is this scholarship for?”
The scholarship is open to women of any age, pursuing an accredited business or business-related program who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible and encouraged to apply.
“How, exactly, do I apply?”
I want to hear about a time that your work in business impacted you or your community. Tell me what makes you passionate about business.
Step 1: You’ll write an application essay (500 words)
Step 2: Then, you’ll fill out the scholarship application form below, including:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- The name of the school you’re currently attending and your major
- Verification of your enrollment status
- Your application essay
The student who submits the most interesting story will receive the $500 scholarship, to be spent as they want, in pursuit of their degree or on a personal business or entrepreneurship project.
“When is my application due by?”
Your scholarship application must be received by December 15th, 2017, at 11:59pm PST.
All supporting materials must be received by December 31st. Notification of the award will be made in January 2018.
“I have a question…”
You can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: it may take me 7-14 days to respond to your question.
“I’m ready to get started! What do I do next?”
- First, write your 500 word essay
- Then, fill out the Scholarship Application Form below