Refer an Indie Consultant (or experienced freelancer)
As you know, referrals are the coin of the realm in my profession.
If you have a colleague, friend, family member, or anyone else who is in need of the marketing and lead generation help that I can provide, I invite you to connect them with me.
My solemn promise to you is that I will provide your referral with whatever help I can to within the best of my abilities — and if I can’t help, I will see to it that they’re connected with someone who can help them.
And if you’re someone who was referred to me who landed on this page, I’m delighted to connect with you. Read through this page for a sense of who I can best help, the problems I can best help with, and how I might be able to help you. Then, reach out to me and tell me more about your business, the problem you’re facing, and how I can help.
You’re reading this page because you’re a trusted friend, client, or colleague and you’re curious how to refer someone to me.
First off, let me thank you deeply. I appreciate any and all referrals that you are gracious enough to provide. You have my promise that any person you refer to me, I will provide with whatever help I can to the best of my abilities.
If you’re curious about who would make an ideal referral and how to refer someone to me, read on. This has been one of the most frequently asked questions I’ve received and this page was written to give you helpful, specific instructions on how to refer someone you know.
“What type of clients do you work best with?”
My ideal clients are Independent Consultants, Experienced Freelancers (5+ years in business), or small agencies and firms (under 10 employees). They should be looking to grow in the coming ~3-12 months by increasing revenue, generating more leads, or building their authority in their market.
“What problems can you help with?”
My ideal clients are often looking for help with marketing, growth, lead generation, or positioning themselves as an authority in their market.
Here’s a selection of the problems I can help
- Defining a plan and taking action to optimize and grow your business (See my service: 1-on-1 Growth Coaching)
- Getting answers to your marketing and growth questions for you business (See my service: Marketing and Growth Clarity Call)
- Identifying actionable opportunities to improve your website and make it your best salesperson (See my service: Website Teardown)
- Developing an action plan and prioritized list of marketing and growth opportunities for your business over the coming ~3-6 months (See my service: Growth Action Plan)
- Getting your website more visitors from Google through Organic Traffic and Search Engine Optimization (helping Google and your visitors fall deeply in love with your website) (See my service: The Website X-Ray)
- Setting up a done-for-you ‘Podcast Tour Engine,’ so you can reach out to high-quality, relevant shows and propose yourself as a guest whenever you need (See my service: Done-for-You Podcast Tour Engine)
“How should I refer people to you?”
The best way to refer someone to me is to send them a link to my new client questionnaire. That is the best way for us to start the conversation, so I can best understand how I can help them and their business.
Send them a link to this page: https://kaidavis.com/intake/. Please let them know that when they fill out the questionnaire, they should put down your name as the person who referred them to me.
Further on down this page, I’ve included an email that you can copy and paste and send to anyone you’d like to refer to me. The email introduces me, explains what I can help with, and outlines my service offerings. (Feel free to make any changes you’d like before you send it.)
“Who should I refer to you?”
An exercise that I often do when I’m thinking of who I can refer to my friends or my colleagues is this:
- I block out 20 minutes on my calendar
- I write down, on a piece of paper, the type of client that they work best with (In my case, that’s Independent Consultants, Experienced Freelancers, and Agencies who want to get more leads, increase their revenue, and grow)
- Then, I go through my contact list on my phone, in my address book, in my email client, and in my LinkedIn and for anyone that I think might be a good person to connect them with, I write down their name
- In 20 minutes, I can have 5, 10, 20, or even more names written down to refer to a friend or colleague
I recommend that you do this same process.
Block out 20 minutes on your calendar and follow the above process. Then, for each person on your list, feel free to refer them to me or send them the referral introduction email included below.
“Do you have an introduction email I can use?”
Absolutely — just copy and paste this, subbing in their name and the relevant bits (marked “TK-” so you can easily find them) and send the email off to someone that you’ve identified (CC or BCC’ing me, preferably, so I know that you’ve referred them to me and can prepare for them to reach out to me).
You mentioned that you were looking for help with [TK – Problem or issue facing their business OR an outcome they’re looking for, ideally related to growing their Indie Consulting business, generating more leads, or building their authority in their market]
I’d like to introduce you to Kai Davis, CEO and Founder of KaiDavis.com, who specializes in helping Indie Consultants grow, generate more leads, and build their authority and audience.
I’m familiar with Kai’s work and highly recommend him as someone that you speak with. I’ve CC’d Kai on this email. He’ll be replying in a day or two to learn more and set up an initial call with you.
In the meantime, I recommend you fill out his short questionnaire and tell him a bit more about you, your business, and your goals. That way, he’ll know in advance of the call how he can best help you (make sure to put me down as the source of the referral).
Once you’ve filled out his short questionnaire, Kai will be in touch to schedule a time for the two of you to speak.
Looking forward to hearing how the conversation goes,
— [TK Your name and signature here]
I deeply appreciate you taking the time to read this page. As a next step, you can connect me with 2-3 (or more) of your colleagues or friends who are looking for help with growing their Indie Consultancy, generating more leads, or building their authority.
And if there is anyone I can refer to you, just email me and let me know and I’ll see who in my network is a match for your business.
— Kai Davis, CEO and Founder, KaiDavis.com