Start selling strategy-as-a-service
In Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll receive tools, templates, resources, and worksheets to help you start selling strategic roadmapping discovery sessions.
When you offer roadmapping services, you’re differentiating yourself from your competitors — you now offer both strategy and implementation.
Help your clients get clarity on the outcome they’re looking for, what they need, and the path to walk to get there.
What if every project of yours started with a pre-defined discovery period — a project roadmap?
Instead of making an educated guess about the scope and price of the project (based on a conversation or two with your client), you’d start work by diving into a structured discovery period with the client.
- You’d ask the client and their team questions. They’d share information about their assumptions, and challenges with you
- If you run into unknowns or unanswered questions, you could go off and do additional research to find answers
- At the end of your discovery period, you could present your client with your recommendations along with a project roadmap and quote for their project.
Because you and your client started work by putting your heads together, you both understand the problem better.
When you start providing paid discovery sessions as a service, you’ll start to experience three near-magical benefits:
- Mindreading. Before you write the proposal or quote, you’ll know precisely what problem your client is experiencing. During the discovery process, your questions will help you uncover the core problem the client is experiencing. You’ll be able to go beyond their first description of the situation to understand what’s really happening.
- Cash money. When you sell paid roadmapping as a service, you’ll start to get paid for writing your proposals. (That’s because your proposal is one of the deliverables in a strategy- and discovery-focused roadmapping session).
- Free time. When you offer roadmapping as a service, you’ll end up writing fewer proposals, but close more of them. Clients who don’t have a budget (or are just kicking tires) will fade into the background. Everyone who is left? They have a budget and they’re looking to get started soon. That means you’ll both write fewer proposals and avoid bad-fit clients.
The book was a fun read; the working session outlines, questions, and examples in the book helped improve methods for working with clients. The roadmapping session provided an option for dealing with clients who want to meet but are not serious about a project or don’t fully know what they want or need. – Brian, B2 Technologies
Plus, when you start selling project roadmaps, sometimes the proposal isn’t even required.
Because roadmapping projects are a great way to get to know each other, the next step might be as simple as saying, “Alright, you need A and B. I recommend we tackle A first. That’ll cost $X. Should I send over an invoice?”
And the prospect will reply, “Sounds great. Let’s do it.”
Stop writing proposals; start selling paid discovery
Quick Start Roadmapping covers the essentials you need to know to start selling, running, and delivering, paid roadmapping engagements (and stop writing proposal for free).
Inside Quick Start Roadmapping you’ll find resources, templates, and answers to your questions on selling and delivering roadmapping projects. You’ll love the Roadmapping Resource Library’s templates, agendas, and questionnaires.
When you sell a roadmap for $500, (or $1500 or $5,000+), you’ll have made a considerable return on your investment.
It’s easy to talk at a high level about roadmaps, but how do you approach selling them (or selling paid discovery) step-by-step?
- What should you charge?
- What are the deliverables?
- What questions should you ask?
- How should roadmaps differ from industry to industry? (e.g., Should a developer’s roadmap vary from a copywriter’s or a designer’s?)
You’ll find answers to these questions (and more) in Quick Start Roadmapping.
The fact that you had a “quick start” document, the questions, and the working session outlines gave me a quick solution I could start using the next day when I had to meet with a client. Then after taking the time to absorb the book, I was able to further refine and improve methods for understanding client needs. – Brian, B2 Technologies
What’s included with Quick Start Roadmapping?
Inside Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll find materials and resources to help you offer, sell, and deliver roadmapping.
✅ Specific questions to ask (and checklists to follow) during the roadmapping process
✅ Direction on how to quickly get started quickly selling and running roadmapping services
✅ A pre-meeting questionnaire for you to send your client to fill out before your meeting (so you can start learning about their situation before you meet)
✅ An overview of the entire roadmapping process, from “A lead has contacted me” through “What to say when you follow-up after delivering your proposal”
With your order, you’ll receive:
- The Book: Quick Start Roadmapping. A step-by-step process to offer, sell, and deliver paid discovery sessions that help you understand what your clients really need. (PDF, ePub, and Mobi format).
- Roadmapping Resource Library. With this library full of agendas, templates, and standard operating procedures, you’ll have everything you need to get started selling roadmaps.
- Video Interviews on Roadmapping. You’ll love the 50-minute conversation with Kurt Elster of Ethercycle on how Ethercycle uses roadmapping. Watch this video interview (and read the included human-generated transcript).
- Roadmapping Overview Webinar. Watch this 50-minute pre-recorded Webinar (with Q&A), giving you a detailed overview of the Roadmapping process.
- Roadmapping Pre-Meeting Questionnaire Template (with Video Walkthrough). The Roadmapping Questionnaire is key to the entire Roadmapping process. With your purchase, you’ll receive a Roadmapping Questionnaire Template to use as a starting point, as well as a swipe file full of recommended questions to mix and match.
“What’s unique about Quick Start Roadmapping?”
Quick Start Roadmapping is built around giving you the documentation, instruction, and examples you need to start offering roadmapping services. Quick Start Roadmapping gives you the tools, templates, guidance, and instruction that you need to get started.
“Is roadmapping effective? Does this work 100% of the time?”
Roadmaps are a very effective way to:
- Eliminate bad-fit clients earlier in your process
- Add a discovery-focused engagement to your service offerings
- Develop a rapport and relationship with the client through a small initial project
I’ve included everything I could think of to help you on your journey.
However, you still have to do the work.
My Smile On Your Face Refund Guarantee
I want you to have a smile on your face. If you are less than 100% satisfied with your purchase, email me and say so. I’ll do whatever I can to make sure you’re happy.
Order Quick Start Roadmapping Today
Quick Start Roadmapping is available today.
If the guidance included on how to sell paid discovery roadmaps helps you sell just one $500 roadmap in the next 12 months, you’ll have made a healthy return on your investment.