Writing Proposals For Free
Doesn’t Pay The Bills
Start charging for what you’ve been giving away for free in your proposals: strategic insight based on your years of experience and insight as a professional into how your clients can solve their problems, achieve their goals, and reach their objectives.
When you start selling strategy-focused productized ‘roadmapping’ discovery offerings, you’ll differentiate yourself from your competitors (you don’t ‘just’ do implementation) and capture more revenue from your clients.
Inside Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll receive all the templates, resources, and guidance you need to sell, run, and deliver a strategy-focused ‘roadmapping’ offering. You’ll get the tools, templates, tactics, resources, and worksheets you’ll need to sell, market, and deliver roadmapping projects.
Proposal Writing Is
Strangling Your Business
That’s not a secret; it just feels good to say out loud.
Why is proposal writing dumb? Here are four of the top ways proposal writing eats up your time and energy, turns your hair gray, and costs you money:
Sure, you could continue spending hundreds of your precious hours each year writing proposals that get tossed into the trash. Or, you could take back your power.
When you position yourself as an expert consultant with a strategic roadmap, you radically differentiate yourself from your competitors in your market and command premium rates.
Stop Writing Free Proposals;
Start Selling Strategic Roadmaps
Consider this semi-radical idea: what if you just stopped offering proposals to leads and clients?
What if the only way people could get started working with you was with an initial paid project focused on strategy and discovery: a roadmap?
That way, instead of ending up making an “educated guess” in your proposal about a project’s scope, price, timeline, and goals and writing the proposal for free, you’d start your work with an initial paid strategy- and discovery focused project focusing on understanding your client’s problems and goals and then collaboratively defining a solution. A roadmap.
The Strategic Roadmap Process
- First, you meet with your client (and their team) to ask questions about their situation, what they already know, their goals, and their challenges.
- Then, you go off, think about their problem, situation, challenge, or goal, and consider the best path forward for them and their business.
- After that, you prepare a deliverable (a report, most likely) that outlines your recommended approach, strategy, a plan for implementation, and any other information they need.
- Finally, you share your deliverable with them — along with a quote to handle the full implementation of the project.
Plus, because roadmaps are a great initial project and a way for you and your client to get to know each other (and see how you work together), you might not even need a formal quote or proposal.
The next step in your relationship might be as simple as you saying:
“Alright, you need A and B. I recommend we tackle A first. That’ll cost $X. Should I send over an invoice?”You
And your client will respond:
“Sounds great. Let’s do it.”Your client
Get Started Today With
Quick Start Roadmapping
Quick Start Roadmapping is your actionable guide on how you can stop writing proposals and start selling high-value strategy-focused paid project roadmaps.
It’s easy to talk at a high level about roadmaps, but how do you approach selling them (or selling paid discovery) step-by-step?
- What should you charge?
- What deliverables should you offer?
- How do you run a roadmapping meeting?
- How should your roadmap differ (or specialize) based on your industry or clients?
You’ll find answers to these questions (and more) inside Quick Start Roadmapping.
Quick Start Roadmapping covers the information you need to know to stop writing proposals for free and start selling, running, and delivering strategy-focused paid roadmapping engagements.
When you apply the information, templates, and resources included in Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll be able to quickly start selling paid roadmapping projects.
And when you sell your first roadmap — no matter if you sell it for $500, $1500, or $5000+ — you’ll see a fantastic return on your investment in Quick Start Roadmapping.
You aren’t just purchasing a book; you’re buying a system that gives you the tools, resources, and knowledge you need to start selling a new, profitable, strategic service.
Quick Start Roadmapping Packages
Pick the package of your choice. You can either:
- Get the complete Quick Start Roadmapping package and receive everything you need to start selling and delivering roadmapping.
- Or, order the Strategy Package, save $100, and receive the complete Quick Start Roadmapping plus a 1-on-1 roadmapping strategy call.
Package #1: The Complete Quick Start Roadmapping
Inside Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll receive all the resources, templates, and answers you need to get started selling and delivering roadmapping projects.
When you order, you’ll receive:
Package #2: The Strategy Package
When you order the Strategy Package, you’ll receive:
- The complete Quick Start Roadmapping package (everything listed above)
- Plus a 1-on-1 strategy call to discuss your approach to roadmapping and answer your questions. (Your call will be recorded and shared with you after our meeting.)
1-on-1 calls are normally $250+, so when you order this package, you’ll save $100 and get the complete Quick Start Roadmapping for free.
Questions, Frequently Asked
“What’s unique about Quick Start Roadmapping?”
With Quick Start Roadmapping, you’ll have the tools, templates, guidance, and instruction you need to get started with roadmapping. This course focuses on giving you the’ 80/20’ essentials you need to know to sell, manage, and deliver roadmapping projects.
You’ll get documentation, instruction, and examples you need so you can start selling roadmapping services in the coming weeks.
“Is roadmapping effective? Does it work 100% of the time?”
Nothing works 100% of the time. That said, offering project roadmaps as a paid service offering is an incredibly effective way for your business to:
- Eliminate bad-fit clients earlier in your sales process
- Add a new, profitable, strategy-focused engagement to your offerings
- Develop a rapport and build a relationship with each new client by starting with a small initial project
With your purchase, you’ll receive everything I could think of to help you succeed on your journey. You’ll still need to do the work.
“What if I’m not happy with my purchase?”
I want you to have a smile on your face. If you are less than 100% satisfied with your purchase, run into a challenge, can’t find something, or have a question, email me and say so. I’ll do whatever I can to make sure you’re happy.
Start Selling Project Roadmaps Today
- Eliminating the pains of proposal writing
- Getting paid for your strategy and insights
- Positioning yourself as a strategic consultant
- Radically differentiating yourself from your competition
Does that sound like the direction you want to take your business in? If it does, then Quick Start Roadmapping is what you’ve looking for.
With your purchase, you’ll receive everything you need to market, sell, run, and deliver paid roadmapping projects with your clients.