Referral Systems covers the essentials you need to know to set up a systematic, repeatable flow of referrals for your business.
Asking “What should I do to find new clients?”
Then you’ll want to order “Referral Systems,” a video and audio training with scripts and templates for you to use to implement a Referral System in your business today.
What would another 3-6 clients this year mean for your business?
One piece of market data that fascinates me is this:
63.4% of freelancers felt over 50% of their business came from referrals — and yet 79.9% admitted they had no system to get more clients through referrals.
(Imagine how great those 79.9% would be doing if they had a system to get more clients through referrals).
That statistic comes from business consultant Michael Rozbruch, who polled several thousand small businesses.
When I read that 79.9% of freelancers didn’t have a system to get more clients through referrals, I became fascinated.
- How do successful freelancers get clients through referrals?
- What are the factors that successful businesses cite as helping them get more clients through referrals?
What did I discover?
To succeed, you need an authentic, systematic approach to stimulating conversations, educating people, collecting leads, and converting referrals into customers.
What goes into getting high-quality referrals?
Businesses that get more clients through referrals say it’s all due to the same factors as the secret to their success.
- Collecting Leads
- Educating People
- Starting Conversations
- Converting Referrals Into Clients
When you do that, you generate a stream of clients for your business.
You can see why for the 21.1% of freelancers that do have a repeatable system for generating referrals, they credit it to the success of their business.
What’s the value of a referral?
Speaking with one consultant who runs a development consultancy, she mentioned an amazing fact: the return she experiences on proposals she sends out:
- New Clients — For new clients, for every $10,000 in proposals she sends out, she makes $3,000, on average, with 30% of proposals being accepted by the client.
- Repeat Client Projects — Repeat client projects are better. Because she has an already established relationship with her past clients, for every $10,000 in proposals she sends out, she makes $9,000 on average.
- Referral Clients — When she started analyzing her business with this in mind, she looked at the clients that came in as a referral. What she found was that these referrals clients were her most valuable segment of clients!
For every $10,000 in proposals she sent out to referrals, she made $16,000.
How could this be?
It was because the referral clients were coming in already primed by the referral to work with her.
The clients referred to her for projects frequently asked for more, more often. And they were happy to pay for it.
These were her ideal clients.
- They were qualified
- They had been referred in
- They were ready to work together.
When the first project was complete, they were immediately ready to work together on a second project.
Everything else was just in the details.
How Referrals Built My Podcast Outreach Consultancy
As I grow my Podcast Outreach Consulting Agency, Double Your Audience, I started to think about the power of referrals in that business.
A large part of what Double Your Audience offers has been getting software founders or authors onto podcasts that their dream buyers or audience listens to.
And when it comes to building a relationship with the podcast host, I always made sure to offer to refer them anyone that I know who would be a good guest. And in return, I have received referral after referral to podcasts for my clients to guest on.
Warm referrals, positive referrals, invitations to send guests their way as well or speak if I’d like.
Referrals were at the core of the business.
I applied referrals to my client relationships, letting clients know that I had two choices: I could spend my time marketing the business and doing sales, or I could spend my time getting them publicity for their businesses and booked onto podcasts... if they referred people who they thought would benefit from working with me to me and my business.
That would mean I could spend more time getting them booked on podcasts.
And clients started referring leads to me.
Across these two businesses, referrals were both powerhouses. Engines that powered the business.
Wondering how to find your ideal clients? It's probably with Referrals
When you get a referral, you’re getting someone that has been specifically selected because of their match for you.
You’ve created a ‘Referrable Moment’ by educating someone — a colleague, a past client, a friend in the industry — on who your ideal client is, what problems you can solve for them, and what outcomes you can generate for clients — and now they know exactly who to refer to you.
Your ideal clients.
Your dream clients.
What if you had 5, 10, 20+ people who were on the lookout for your ideal clients for you? And when they found one, they knew exactly how to refer someone to you?
You’d have an endless stream of your dream clients.
But how do you put a referral system into place?
Won’t it take hours?
Doesn’t it only work in certain businesses?
It works best for freelancers or consultants who know either what they’re selling (like “Rails” or “Design” or “Copywriting) or who they’re selling to (like “Development Agencies” or “Marketers” or “AirBnB Hosts”)
Won’t it result in low-quality leads?
Referrals are the fifth most trust-building lead generation activity, according to Philip Morgan, which means they result in better leads, faster.
In fact, Philip Morgan, in his report on Lead Generation Trust Velocity, scores referrals as:
- Trust Potential: 8/10 (only four other activities scored with a higher trust potential, including hosting a keynote talk at a conference)
- Speed to Maximum Trust: 8/10 (only four other activities scored with a higher speed to maximum trust, including hosting a solo-webinar)
- Effort: 2/10
- Lead Time: 5/10
In Philip Morgan’s words:
The effort is low because all you have to do is ask, lead time is high because you don't control the timing.
Do you want to get more leads?
Then you’ll want to implement a Referral System in your business.
How do you get started? What should you do first?
I’ve recorded a collection of videos and audio along with resources (email templates, web page templates, phone scripts, sample letters) that will teach you how to put a referral system into place in your business.
In the video and audio recordings, you’ll learn which one of thirteen different referral systems you can implement in your business, starting as soon as today.
What will you learn?
In Referral Systems, you'll learn:
- 13 different referral systems that you can use — not just the same advice on “talk to your past clients,” but thirteen different systems, including one I learned when it was used on me (to great success!)
- How to identify if you’re selling a “What” (a service or skill like “Rails” or “Build a WordPress Website” or “Copywriting” or “Photography”) or a “Who” (your ideal client, like “Development Agencies,” “Marketers,” or “Airbnb Hosts”) — and how to integrate what into your referral system
- How to identify who your ideal client is (so you can tell your referral sources exactly what leads to send to you)
- Sample scripts you can use in person, on the phone, in writing, or over email to ask for referrals
- How to use “The Principle of Reciprocation,” as coined by Dr. Robert Cialdini, to generate referrals for your business
- How to educate clients on why they should send referrals to you and exactly how to send referrals to you
- What a repeatable system to generate referrals for your business looks like, and the specific steps to follow to implement one in your business
- How successful freelancers get clients through referrals
- The factors that successful businesses cite as helping them get more clients through referrals
- How to create an authentic, systematic approach to stimulate conversation, educate people, collect leads, and convert referrals into customers
- The specific factors that businesses say are the secret to their success
- How to create ‘Referrable Moments,’ where someone says “Oh, I need to introduce you to…”
- The different types of referral sources you can tap into
- How to guarantee that your prospects are able to go into the details on why someone should hire you — and not just recommend you as ‘a good person to work with’
- Referral Systems (Video Course) — You'll receive the 10-lesson video course that will show you how to set up a referral system for your business
- Bonus #1: Referral Systems Audio Library — You'll receive access to an audio library of 30 audio lessons in response to questions from freelancers and consultants about setting up a referral system
- Bonus #2: Referral Systems Quickstart Guide — Jump ahead implementing your Referral System with this Quickstart Guide
- Bonus #3: List of Referral Systems — You'll have a list of referral systems to reference as you identify the best referral systems for your business
- Bonus #4: List of Referral Sources — You'll have a list of the best sources to look to for referrals
- Bonus #5: Referral Email Signature — You'll have an email signature that you can copy, customize, and use, to ask for referrals
- Bonus #6: Referral Phone Script — You'll have a script you can follow to ask for a referral over the phone
- Bonus #7: Referral Email Templates — You'll have email templates you can use for your referral outreach and referral follow-up
How much does Referral Systems cost?
"Referral Systems” is a pre-recorded video training.
The price is $77.
When you click that link, it will add “Referral Systems” to your cart and you’ll be able to enter your information, choose between Credit Card or PayPal for payment, and complete your purchase.
After that, you’ll receive instructions on accessing your copy of “Referral Systems”
Feedback from customers
The referrals course is excellent. It was exactly what I needed to kick-off a referrals system. The contacts’ responses have been positive! — Leonid Mirsky
And your order is protected by the “Kai Davis ‘Smile On Your Face’ Guarantee”
I want you to have a smile on your face.
You can order this product with the confidence of knowing that you’re protected.
If you watch the videos, read the scripts, and listen to the recordings and decide that this isn’t right for your business, just reply to your receipt and say “Kai, I’d like a refund” and you’ll receive a full refund.
Because I want you to have a smile on your face.
Questions Asked, Frequently
"Does Referral Systems come with information on how to initiate partnerships with other people who serve the same target market?"
Yes, it does!
There's a complete video lesson (and multiple audio lessons) on how to initiate partnerships with other people who serve the same market as you.
Who is “Referral Systems” right for?
You’re a part-time (on the side) or full-time freelancer and you’re asking questions like:
- “What should I do to find new clients?”
- “How do I find leads? The systems I'm using aren’t working anymore”
- “Where do I find my ideal clients?”
You’re willing to invest 5-10 hours of your time in identifying, implementing, and setting up a referral system for your business.
Have a burning question? Looking for some advice? Think of something that you'd love to see included with this product?
Email me directly at email@example.com.
— Kai Davis
p.s., Asking “What should I do to find new clients?” Then you’ll want to order “Referral Systems,” a collection of videos, audio recordings, and scripts and templates for you to use to implement a Referral System in your business today.
What would 3-6 additional clients mean for your business this year?
Order “Referral Systems” at the link below for $77 and receive access immediately.