Get a master-level script for your Initial Sales Calls
With this Initial Call Script, you’ll learn the essential information you need to know to run your initial calls with leads like a professional consultant. You’ll love the simple terminology, concise format, and clear scripts of questions to ask.
Do you know what questions to ask your leads when you first get them on the phone (or Zoom)? When you first meet them face to face?
What if you had a script that you could follow with the questions and lines to use to lead the conversation and uncover what you need to know from the client?
Start Interviewing Your Leads Like A Professional
Think back to the last time you called a professional service provider, a doctor, lawyer, or accountant. Someone you were calling on for professional advice.
How did the conversation flow?
- Did the professional lead the conversation?
- Did they have a list of questions they walked you through?
- Did they use that information to assess if you were a fit to work with them before deciding?
You see, before professionals start discussing or prescribing solutions (or deciding if you should work together), they assess fit and their understand of your current situation.
To do that, they’ll ask questions like:
- What are you experiencing?
- What outcome are you looking for?
- What’s your timeframe for seeing some change here?
And so on. Simple and easy.
Because a professional has a list of questions and a script they can reference and follow, they can learn the most important, most relevant information, without wasting any time.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could do the same?
Presenting Your Initial Call Script
By having a script and list of questions you can review (and follow!) on your initial call with a lead, you ensure that you get all the information that you need from every lead you talk to.
Before you spend time writing a proposal or preparing a quote, you can determine if this is a good lead for your business.
By having a process, a script, and a list of questions that you ask on my initial calls, you’ll be able to ensure you get all the information you need and eliminate bad-fit leads.
And I’ve put together this initial call script — and additional bonuses — for you to use, today.
“What will I learn in Your Initial Call Script?“
- What to say on an initial call with leads and prospects to identify the key information you need to know to understand the project, see if they’re a good fit, and write a quote or proposal
- The four separate and distinct parts of an initial call
- What to say in the opening of the call
- The 10 questions to ask to understand their business need and how you can help
- How to ask good questions (and get a great response)
- What to say if the prospect is a good fit; what to say if they’re a bad fit
- How to record and transcribe your calls (for no additional cost to you) to reference when writing your proposal or quote
Plus, You’re Protected By My ‘Smile On Your Face’ Guarantee
That means I want you to have a smile on your face, no matter what. If you’re unhappy or dissatisfied with the Initial Call Script, reply to your receipt and let me know that you’d like a refund. I’ll take care of that asap.
Order Your Initial Call Script Today!
You can order Your Initial Call Script today. It’s available for purchase right now (Today). You’ll also receive these bonuses:
- Bonus #1: The 15-Minute Guide to ‘Why’ Conversations — Teaching you how to dig deeper in your conversations by asking the most important question of all: “Why?”
- Bonus #2: [Video] How To Get More Clients Without Spending More Time Marketing — In this pre-recorded 45-minute video presentation, you’ll learn how to get more clients without spending more time on your marketing.
- Bonus #3: Pipedrive Sales CRM Trial ($60 value) — Pipedrive is the CRM (Customer Relationship Management)) software that I use, love, and recommend. You’ll receive a 30-day trial to Pipedrive’s Professional plan ($60 value).
You’ll receive all of this with your purchase. Have the exact words and questions to say to qualify your leads with the Initial Call Script.