Marissa Bracke worked together as part of my 1-on-1 growth coaching. Here in her own words is her experience:
I’ve made about six months’ worth of progress in under three months!
I know this is the part of the testimonial where I’m supposed to say what my possible objections or worries were, but the truth is that I knew I wanted to work with Kai.
I’d seen Kai answering questions in a Slack channel, and I was immediately impressed with the level of pragmatic, do-this-right-away-actionable, totally B.S.-free advice and perspective he offered there. So much so, in fact, that I went out and looked him up on the web, which brought me to a bunch of podcasts he’d been on over the past few years. I listened to a LOT of those.
Again, I was struck by the fact that he gave solid, actionable business solutions — none of the “aspirational” biz puffery that passes for business advising and coaching so often — and I thought, “If I get this much out of this guy’s general advice, I know I’d get a ton out of the advice he’d have for my specific business.”
By the time I hit Kai’s coaching page, there were no obstacles. There was only a question of when I’d hire him.
As a result of my work with Kai:
- I have completely reshaped my business positioning, and it’s the most well articulated and aligned it’s been in years. Literally, in years.
- I have relaunched my website, now streamlined for my new positioning. This is something I’ve talked about doing for approximately… four years. Working with Kai, it got done.
- I have created and launched a new entry-level service for my ideal clients under my new positioning.
- I feel confident about where I’m at with this (HUGE) business transition, and I’ve felt clear on every step of the way.
How many people can say that when it comes to making massive changes in their business?! I’ve made about six months’ worth of progress in under three months, and I felt clear, confident, and totally supported the whole way.
Making huge changes in business is messy work, and it’s really easy to get mired in the chaos. Working with Kai, though, I never once had to worry about being left in a fog of wondering what step to take next, or feeling unsure about what direction to head.
I’ve made about six months’ worth of progress in under three months, and I felt clear, confident, and totally supported the whole way.
Every call ended with clear action steps to take, as well as links, templates, or resources to assist with the steps I was taking. Every call included Kai asking, “Am I being clear about that?” and if I had any questions whatsoever, Kai patiently and articulately laid out exactly what next actions I could take, gave me examples and case studies to model, and discussed any “sticking” points or hesitations with me until I was in the clear and ready to go.
This is why so much progress has happened during our work together: being clear about where to go next made it so much easier to build up momentum with my actions. There wasn’t the constant cycle of getting frustrated, having to figure it out myself, and re-starting. It was simply go, go, go (and succeed, succeed, succeed). I’ll sign up for that all day, any day!
It’s one thing to say, “You should do this.” It’s another thing entirely to say, “You should do this, and here’s an example to give you some ideas,”
Working together has given me three clear benefits:
- Confidence in my positioning! For years I’ve dreaded the question, “So, what do you do?” because the more experience I gained, the less I knew how to answer that question in a quickly relatable and impactful way. Result: my answers were wishy-washy and totally ineffective at conveying anything useful. After working with Kai, I’ve got confidence in my positioning, so I can answer what I do (or how I might help a prospective client) quickly, comfortably, conversationally. Anyone who’s ever struggled with trying to talk about what they do without sounding like a canned “elevator pitch” knows how HUGELY valuable this is! No more question dread for me, and no more blank stares from my conversation partners: now I get responses like, “Oh wow, I was just talking to someone who needs exactly that…” BINGO!
- Resources, resources, resources! Whenever I wasn’t sure about something, not only did Kai explain it well, but he also had a seemingly endless library of resources to share. From examples of outreach emails to sample questions for prospective clients to model productized service pages to use as jumping off points to book chapters on how to approach finding influencers to connect with — and those are just a few examples off the top of my head. It’s one thing to say, “You should do this.” It’s another thing entirely to say, “You should do this, and here’s an example to give you some ideas,” or “Maybe give this a try, and here are some templates from my own personal use that you can customize for your own use.” You were always giving the what + the how + (actual, not made-up-for-clients) examples of the how. That’s so rare, so generous, and SO useful. The resources you provided in our work gave me a huge jump-start for all of the execution and implementation I needed to do.
- No bullshit answers and opinions. This should be a given when you work with someone as a coach, consultant, or advisor… but let’s be honest: it’s not. Your answers were always clear, honest, and supported by “here’s why / how” real-world experience. You’re a sounding board I could trust implicitly and whose opinion carries real “been there, done that” weight. That’s a genuine trusted advisor.
I would recommend Kai’s coaching to anyone who’s ready to make a real commitment to making significant progress in their business, and wants to do it the real way, the right way, the sustainable and scalable way.
Making back the investment in your services isn’t even a question; if you put the work in, and follow what Kai advises, you’re going to get your money’s worth over and over again.
And because the way Kai helps people structure their services is focused on long-term success and sustainability, the investment is going to keep paying off in the long-term.
I’d shout this one from the rooftops: “If you want momentous progress in your business, hire Kai Davis.”
— Marissa Bracke, Owner, Just B Consulting