One of my favorite books, Inherent Vice, has a line in an early chapter: “Change your hair, change your life.”
While I agree with that sentiment, I’ve also found that updating the social proof and testimonials you use in your marketing often changes your business for the better.
Recently, I updated the Ultimate Testimonial Guide (https://kaidavis.com/resources/ultimate-testimonial-guide/). It’s still free of charge. Instead of being one long article (😮💨), it’s now divided into nine short chapters:
- Why and how do testimonials help your business?
- Why should you ask your clients for testimonials?
- What forms can a testimonial take? (We list at least six!)
- How to make asking for a testimonial easier by setting expectations
- What questions should you ask to get a testimonial from a client?
- What if a client goes non-responsive after agreeing to participate in a testimonial?
- How can you leverage testimonials in your work?
- How to put together the best possible (results-focused) testimonial
- What are your next steps? Here’s an action plan to get great testimonials from your clients.
You can also enter your email address to get a PDF of the guide.
Check it out here: https://kaidavis.com/resources/ultimate-testimonial-guide/
I think of resources like this one as a digital garden. They’ll evolve and grow over time. Enjoy!