Use this handy spreadsheet (via Jason Zook of Wandering Aimfully) for planning your projects and projections.
I’ve filled this out every year for the last four years. It’s always a valuable exercise.
Whenever I fill it out, I start by:
- Adding a few client slots (e.g., Client #1)
- Adding a few service slots (for productized services, like my Website Reviews)
Then I plot out my ‘known’ income for 2021:
- Retainers (e.g., client slots)
- Recurring revenue from products, projects, affiliate, or services
- Already scheduled 2021 projects
Then I start to think about the future and unknown income:
- What future projects do I think I’ll build or launch?
- What revenue do I want new productized services to generate?
- When am I going to be working on building projects?
And I fill out my copy of the worksheet with my best guess of the future.