Use this handy spreadsheet (via Jason Zook of Wandering Aimfully) for planning your projects and projections.
I’ve filled this out every year for the last four years. It’s always a valuable exercise.
Whenever I fill it out, I start by:
- Adding a few client slots (e.g., Client #1)
- Adding a few service slots (for productized services, like my Website Reviews)
Then I plot out my ‘known’ income for 2021:
- Retainers (e.g., client slots)
- Recurring revenue from products, projects, affiliate, or services
- Already scheduled 2021 projects
Then I start to think about the future and unknown income:
- What future projects do I think I’ll build or launch?
- What revenue do I want new productized services to generate?
- When am I going to be working on building projects?
And I fill out my copy of the worksheet with my best guess of the future.
Looking for something to read next? I recommended one of these articles:
Would you like to get a daily tip about consulting?
Sign up for Kai's Daily Consulting Letters to get a daily letter about marketing yourself as an indie consultant (or firm). Every day, you'll get a from me letter on how to get more clients and market yourself as an authority.
Each letter is something you can use to improve your business and:
- Get more leads
- Make more sales
- Optimize your marketing
- Tackle advanced consulting challenges
… plus, plenty of resources, guidance, and stories.
As a bonus, you'll get free access to my Premium Resource Center.
Join 8,200+ other consultants and sign up before the next tip is sent.