Want to level-up your homepage with just a few hours of effort? Consider a DIY Homepage Review as a small marketing project to work on before the end of the year.
“Why the homepage?” Because your homepage is one of the most visited pages on your site (and because a simple constraint helps stop this from snowballing to “review ALL the pages!”)
Here’s you can do DIY your review
First, get ready to take notes. Grab your notepad, pen, or favorite note-taking app.
Second, close all your other tabs, windows, and apps. This is a time to focus.
Third, open up your homepage on your computer. Then:
- Read through your homepage (out loud, ideally, so you can catch any typos or weird phrasings).
- When you get to a spot where the copy slips or doesn’t make sense, make a note of that spot and what you can do to improve it. (But don’t start making those changes yet!)
Once you finish reading through your page once (and have it loaded into your brain RAM), go back to the top and read through it again. But this time, pay special attention to the following areas:
- Your headlines. When’s the last time you updated them? Does anything come to mind to swap in as a replacement?
- Your photos or headshots. Do you have more recent images that you should swap in?
- Your testimonials. Do you have more recent testimonials or more specific/relevant testimonials that you can add to your homepage?
- Your Services. If your homepage includes mention of (or links to) your service offerings, check those links. Are you linking to the best offers? (e.g., have you updated/changed pages recently? If you offer a roadmapping (kaidavis.com/roadmapping/) project, are you promoting that as the recommended starting point?)
Now? You’ve got a list of the small, specific, impactful changes to make.
Schedule some time on your calendar in the next few days to start getting these fixes in place.
Are you looking for an expert, outside perspective on what to change on your homepage (or website)? If you are, then I recommend the Website Review, where you’ll get actionable, specific feedback from me on what to fix, change, or optimize about your website to get more leads.
When you order your Website Review, you’ll receive:
- Website Review Video Recording — You’ll get a recorded walkthrough of your website that shows my (Kai’s) experience going through your website as a first-time visitor and prospective client. You’ll see (with fresh eyes!) friction or issues that prevent me from accomplishing my goal on your website
- Your Questions, Answered — You’ll get answers to your most pressing questions about your website, increasing conversions, getting more subscribers, or selling more of your services.
- Action Plan — After your review is finished, you’ll receive an executive action plan for your website: an executive summary with the ~5-8+ most impactful changes I recommend as a punch list for you to follow.
Read more about the Website Review right here: https://kaidavis.com/services/website-review/
Looking for something to read next? I recommended one of these articles:
Would you like to get a daily tip about consulting?
Sign up for Kai's Daily Consulting Letters to get a daily letter about marketing yourself as an indie consultant (or firm). Every day, you'll get a from me letter on how to get more clients and market yourself as an authority.
Each letter is something you can use to improve your business and:
- Get more leads
- Make more sales
- Optimize your marketing
- Tackle advanced consulting challenges
… plus, plenty of resources, guidance, and stories.
As a bonus, you'll get free access to my Premium Resource Center.
Join 8,200+ other consultants and sign up before the next tip is sent.