A 1-on-1 Call will give you specific, actionable advice, answering your most pressing questions on how to market your business and fill your pipeline.
Here's what a few people have to say about working together:
Hello, my friend!
Are you looking for answers to your most pressing questions about freelancing, consulting, and marketing to fill your pipeline?
My name is Kai Davis. I'm a marketing and business coach for freelancers and consultants.
That means I teach freelancers and consultants how to market themselves with confidence and fill their pipeline with profitable leads.
"You know those times when you sit staring at a problem you can’t solve, just wishing that someone was standing over your shoulder telling you what to do?"
I don't have all of the answers, but I have some of them.
Invest in a 1-on-1 call to get actionable advice about your business today.
Questions? You can always email me (Kai) directly at email@example.com.
— Kai Davis
Imagine knowing exactly what to do next
In short: You come with questions, I give you answers. We define a plan together. I help get you started and remind you to actually do the work.
Imagine having someone who has been in your shoes as an independent business owner, a freelancer, and a consultant, that you can bounce ideas off of and who can help shake you loose when you're locked up in decision paralysis.
Like many entrepreneurs, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure because the overall plan isn't perfect in your head.
Imagine having the influence and advice of a trusted peer to help you (and your business) realize your full potential.
Imagine knowing what to do next with specific, actionable, personalized advice and answers to your most pressing questions.
Get actionable advice from a consultant who has been there
"I always seem to convince myself through stubbornness and/or ego that I can correct course on my own with 'just a little more hard work'"
Those are the exact words a freelancer who paid for a 1-on-1 call used to describe their current situation.
They had been spinning their wheels for months on a decision for their business. In our call, we were able to identify the steps for them to take to grow their business.
Often all it takes is to talk to the right person at the right time.
Put the analysis paralysis behind you and get actionable, specific advice on exactly what to do next for you and your business. Book a live 1-on-1 video call today and get actionable, specific advice.
Here’s How It Works
Book a live 1-on-1 live video call and get your questions answered.
On the call, you'll share your biggest business or marketing challenges and questions with me.
You'll get specific instruction about what to do next.
Typical areas of discussion include:
- Specific instruction on the things to implement
- Direction on what to work on in your business, so you avoid getting stuck
- How to find the time to work on your business, even if you're booked solid or a full-time freelancer
- Positioning! What target market you're focused on and how to refine your target market
- What marketing to focus on to reach your target market
- How to manage your sales pipeline
- Specific steps to take to reach the financial goals you want to hit in the coming 12-months
- Steps to take to avoid the feast or famine rollercoaster
- Direct advice on how to improve your marketing and sales, what to start with, what to measure, and how you'll know if things are working.
Your video call will also be recorded and shared with you for you to reference whenever you need.
You'll benefit from no-nonsense advice that you can put into action immediately.
Video calls are 60-minutes long.
This is practical “do this specific thing next” instruction gained from 10,000+ hours of work as an independent consultant and 1,000+ hours of work coaching freelancers and consultants just like you.
(Look to the left to see kind words from actual clients)
"What Do People Say About Working With You?"
You've been seeing kind words from clients along the side of this page. Feel free to scroll up and down and read the testimonials, on the side.
Here are testimonials from two past business coaching call clients:
"I’ve managed to more than 4.5x the amount of monthly income I was receiving before our call"
I had to drop you an email to let you know - since we had the coaching call last year, I’ve completely revamped my retainer services. In fact, I’ve actually CREATED some new retainer services (what I call Design Partnerships).
I’ve not even fully launched them yet, but I’ve managed to more than 4.5x the amount of monthly income I was receiving before our call - by adding only 2 extra monthly partnership clients into the mix!
THANK YOU for this - I have no idea why I resisted retainer style work for so long in my business, but it’s been a complete game changer for me.
I’m now hoping to grow my design partnerships post-launch to at least 10x what my original amount was, and potentially even more. — Rachel Shillcock, Founder & Designer, Rachilli
Kai is a wealth of knowledge, and it's clear that his goal is to make sure you achieve your goal in the most effective and efficient way possible
I wasn't sure the call would generate a Return on Investment for my business, but it did 🙂
As a result of the call, I have a better idea on tools, processes, and positioning improvements I can make, all of which have made my business easier, more sustainable, and more scalable.
— Erik J
Questions, Asked With Some Frequency By Wonderful People
"If you had to meet my best friend, how would you explain your job to them?"
I teach freelancers and consultants how to market themselves with confidence and fill their pipeline with profitable leads.
"What is your strength as a business coach?"
My strength is a focus on understanding your current situations, the outcomes you're looking for, and your unique constraints. From there, we work together to define a realistic plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
There are constraints around what you can achieve. Working together, we'll set ambitious and achievable goals and then work together to support you in moving towards those goals.
"What makes you qualified to tell me about my business?"
I've worked as a freelancer, contractor, and consultant for 13+ years. I have hard-won, real-world, first-hand experience in what it takes to move from contractor to freelancer and from freelancer to consultant.
When we work together, you're tapping into:
- My 13+ years of experience working independently
- My background as a business-person and marketer
- My self-study and education, giving you access to everything I've learned studying how to be a better freelancer and consultant
If you're looking at a problem or question in your business, chances are, I've been there, and can offer a perspective on different approaches.
"What types of businesses do you have the most experience helping (freelancers, small businesses? What vertical/market)?"
My business is focused on helping solo/independent freelancers and consultants. My business coaching clients, by frequency, have been:
- "Consultants" (Other)
I teach freelancers and consultants how to market themselves with confidence and fill their pipeline with profitable leads
"Is Business Coaching 100% effective? Does it work all time?"
You get out what you put in.
- If you give this program 100%, you’ll get back 150% in results
- If you give this program 80%, you’ll get back 50% in results
Think of these as the “100/150 Rule” and the “80/50 Rule” respectively.
In other words — you will get a very poor pay-out if you don’t go 100% for our time working together.
My job is to help you identify the lowest effort, highest impact things to focus on.
I'll provide direction, answers to your questions, help you develop a plan, and remind you to do the work.
You, my friend? You still have to do the work.
There is a steep drop-off in results you can see as soon as you drop below FULL commitment.
If you don't take the time to work on the things we agree are the most important for you to work on, you won't see results.
You need to be consistent in your effort. A healthy average over the long-term is better for you and your business than a flurry of effort that dies off.
"Is this a magic bullet? Will my business be transformed?"
There are no magic bullets.
Business Coaching is wonderful for providing you with:
- Accountability. In its purest form, accountability is about taking ownership of your actions and results.
- Homework. You'll have specific next-steps to take to work on your business.
- Direction and a Plan. You'll get specific, personalized direction and feel secure in having a plan of what to work on next.
- Answers. I don't have all the answers, but I have some. Bring your questions and you'll get answers and direction on where to look for answers.
- Outside "Over the Shoulder" Perspective. Want to see how someone else approaches the problem? You're able to look 'over my shoulder' and see how I approach writing proposals, drafting emails, or tackling problems you bring up in your business.
- Reminders to do the work. Sometimes what we need most of all is a simple, positive reminder to do the work. You'll receive that in me — you'll have someone to remind you to do the work (and help you identify the most important work to focus on)
- Support. Being a freelancer or a consultant is hard. Having support from someone who has been there can make the difference between what feels like an insurmountable obstacle and an easily solved problem.
- Someone to listen, when you need to vent. Sometimes you just need to vent, be it about that proposal that just got turned down, that client who is asking for something new yet again, or any of the other parts of running your own business. When we work together, you have an ear to listen when you need to vent.
You, however, still need to do the work.
"Who is this not right for?"
1-on-1 Calls is absolutely not a good fit if:
- You want to see changes immediately
- You don't have an investment mindset
- The idea of working towards a goal over time makes you feel icky
- You don't have the time (~4-hours/week) to invest in working on your business
- You're more interested in the latest marketing/startup/business fad than you are building a durable business
What happens after I pay?
Once you submit your payment, you’ll receive a link to schedule an appointment in my calendar and I'll send you a pre-call questionnaire to complete.
What if I’m not a full-time freelancer or consultant yet?
I can help you identify the specific next steps to take to go from full-time employee or part-time freelancer to full-time freelancer or consultant.
Are there any other costs?
No. I might recommend a few books or pieces of technology that you can optionally invest in. There are no hidden fees or additional costs.
I’m worried about sharing my business details…
Don’t be. I keep everything you share in strictest confidence. No specific or identifying details about you or your business will be shared with anyone.
I don’t think I need help
Everyone needs help.
"I always seem to convince myself through stubbornness and/or ego that I can correct course on my own with 'just a little more hard work'"
Those are the exact words a consultant who was considering working with me said in our first call.
I frequently invest in 1-off calls, mentoring, coaching, and products that help me be a better consultant, a better marketer, and a better freelancer. You might not think you need help right now — but let me ask you this:
- Why would someone hire a maid when they could just clean their home themselves?
- Why would someone pay a barber when they could just cut their hair themselves?
- Why would someone pay a mechanic to repair their car when they could just learn how to do it themselves online?
- Why would someone hire a landscaper when they could mow their own lawn and rake their own leaves?
- Why would someone pay an accountant to file their taxes?
The ultimate answer to all of these is:
Because they have more money than time.
If you don't recognize the value of professional assistance, I will be unable to help you.
Can my business partner be on the call too?
No. Calls are strictly 1-on-1. You are free to bring a list of their questions with you to ask on the call or share the recording of the call with them after the fact. The calls will only consist of two people: you and me.
How long before I see results?
If you’re committed about investing in yourself and have time regularly scheduled during the week to work on your business, then you could see results in as little as a few weeks.
But I don’t know you, how you work, or how you treat your business. If you don’t put in the necessary time, you won’t see the outcomes you’re looking for. Just like a gym membership.
Do you offer refunds?
No, refunds are not offered for calls.
"Who are you?"
Heya! I’m Kai Davis and I’ve been a Freelancer and Marketing Consultant for the last decade.
- I’ve given talks at sold out conferences on two continents (see them here: http://kaidavis.com/speaking/)
- I’ve written three books and multiple courses on marketing for consultants (http://kaidavis.com/books).
- I write a daily column for consultants (http://kaidavis.com/) with actionable marketing tips to help you get more clients.
- I host Make Money Online (http://makemoneyonline.exposed) a podcast about running an independent consulting business.
- I'm frequently interviewed for my thoughts on what it takes to grow a successful consulting business (http://kaidavis.com/speaking).
- I’ve coached over 400 freelancers and consultants 1-on-1 and in group settings on how to get more clients (http://kaidavis.com/coaching/)
- (You can check out the my press page for more info, my press bio, and my headshots).
In my first year as a solo consultant, I built a pipeline that had me booking clients six months out. I have over a decade of real-world experience successfully applying modern consulting marketing to my own consulting business — and that of the 400+ other consultants I have coached and mentored.
I educate consultants on how to market their business to get more clients. I consider it my mission to teach consultants how to get more clients. Care to join me? You’ll be glad you did.
Availability is Limited
I’m only available for a limited number of 1-on-1 calls each month. Scheduling is first come, first served.
The sooner you book your call, the sooner you’ll have the answers you need to improve your marketing and your business to the next level.