Freelancers and Consultants: Get Answers To Your Most Pressing Business and Marketing Questions
A 1-on-1 Call will give you specific, actionable, personalized advice, answering your most pressing questions on how to market your business and fill your pipeline.
In short: You come with questions, I give you answers.
Get actionable advice from a consultant who has been there
"I always seem to convince myself through stubbornness and/or ego that I can correct course on my own with 'just a little more hard work'"
Those are the exact words a freelancer who paid for a 1-on-1 call used to describe their current situation.
They had been spinning their wheels for months on a decision for their business. In our call, we were able to identify the steps for them to take to grow their business.
Often all it takes is to talk to the right person at the right time.
Put the analysis paralysis behind you and get actionable, specific advice on exactly what to do next for you and your business. Book a live 1-on-1 video call today and get actionable, specific advice.
Imagine knowing exactly what to do next
Imagine having someone who has been in your shoes as an independent business owner, a freelancer, and a consultant, that you can bounce ideas off of and who can help shake you loose when you're locked up in decision paralysis.
Like many entrepreneurs, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure because the overall plan isn't perfect in your head.
Imagine having the influence and advice of a trusted peer to help you (and your business) realize your full potential.
Imagine knowing what to do next with specific, actionable, personalized advice and answers to your most pressing questions.
Here’s How It Works
Book a live 1-on-1 live video call and get your questions answered.
Before the call, you'll share your biggest business or marketing challenges and questions with me in The Business Health Analysis, a detailed questionnaire that lets me learn about your business, your challenges, and how I can help the most.
On your call, we'll dive into your business and answer your pressing questions.
You'll get answers to your questions and actionable advice for your current situation.
"What if I don't know what question to ask?"
Video calls include The Business Health Analysis pre-call questionnaire.
The Business Health Analysis is a detailed questionnaire that will help you start thinking critically about your business and your marketing and identify the questions on your mind.
The Business Health Analysis helps me learn about you and your business so I can understand where I can help you the most.
"What topics do people ask about?"
These are topics and questions that stand out from my notes from my last dozen calls:
- "Does my positioning make sense? What should I change about it?"
- "I need a gameplan for marketing myself as a consultant. What should I do?"
- "I want to write a book. I also need clients soon. How do I do both?"
- "What should I work on to get to $100,000 in revenue in a year?"
- "I'm booked solid and need to find time to work on my business. What should I do?"
- "Can you read these emails and help me make them better?"
- "Can you review this proposal and give me feedback?"
- How do I run my own Podcast Tour?
- "Positioning! What target market should I focus on? How do I refine my target market?"
- "How do I research a new target market?"
- "I want to write an ebook. What specific steps should I take?"
- "I want to get started with email marketing. What should I do first?"
- "I tried using a CRM and it just didn't work for me. Can you show me what process to use?"
After a call you'll leave with:
- Direction on what to work on next, so you avoid getting stuck
- Specific feedback on your business from The Business Health Analysis
- Specific steps to take to reach the financial goals you want to hit in the coming 12-months
And, of course: direct advice on how to improve your marketing and sales, what to start with, what to measure, and how you'll know if things are working.
Your video call will also be recorded and shared with you for you to reference whenever you need.
On the call, you'll receive practical “do this specific thing next” instruction gained from 10,000+ hours of work as an independent consultant and 3,000+ hours of work coaching dozens of freelancers and consultants just like you.
There was so much I wanted to cover, including things that had cropped up after I’d answered the pre-call questionnaire.
I needn’t have worried! Kai made certain to structure and steer the call in order to cover everything I’d hoped to talk to him about (and more!)
I came out of the call with a great sense of clarity!
— Elise Fog, Marketing Consultant & Shopify Consultant, It Must Bee
How much is this?
1-on-1 video calls are $300 each and 60-minutes long.
"I’ve managed to more than 4.5x the amount of monthly income I was receiving before our call"
I had to drop you an email to let you know - since we had the coaching call last year, I’ve completely revamped my retainer services. In fact, I’ve actually CREATED some new retainer services (what I call Design Partnerships).
I’ve not even fully launched them yet, but I’ve managed to more than 4.5x the amount of monthly income I was receiving before our call - by adding only 2 extra monthly partnership clients into the mix!
THANK YOU for this - I have no idea why I resisted retainer style work for so long in my business, but it’s been a complete game changer for me.
I’m now hoping to grow my design partnerships post-launch to at least 10x what my original amount was, and potentially even more. — Rachel Shillcock, Founder & Designer, Rachilli
Questions, asked with some frequency
"I don’t think I need help"
Everyone needs help.
I frequently invest in 1-off calls, mentoring, coaching, and products that help me be a better consultant, a better marketer, and a better freelancer.
You might not think you need help right now — but let me ask you this:
- Why would someone hire a maid when they could just clean their home themselves?
- Why would someone pay a barber when they could just cut their hair themselves?
- Why would someone pay a mechanic to repair their car when they could just learn how to do it online?
- Why would someone hire a landscaper when they could mow their own lawn and rake their own leaves?
- Why would someone pay an accountant to file their taxes?
The ultimate answer to all of these is:
Because they have more money than time.
If you don't recognize the value of professional assistance, I will be unable to help you.
"What are your strengths in helping freelancers and consultants with their business?"
Marketing. I'm a marketer by trade with over 15 years of professional experience. I think of myself as a marketer first and a business coach third.
I focus on understanding your current situations, the outcomes you're looking for, and your unique constraints.
From there, we work together to define a realistic plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
"What makes you qualified to tell me about my business?"
I've worked as a freelancer, contractor, and consultant for 13+ years. I have hard-won, real-world, first-hand experience in what it takes to move from contractor to freelancer and from freelancer to consultant.
When we work together, you're tapping into:
- My years of experience working as an independent consultant
- My background as a marketer, business-person, and consultant
- My self-study and education, giving you access to everything I've learned studying how to be a better freelancer and consultant
If you're looking at a problem or question in your business, chances are, I've been there, and can offer a perspective on different approaches.
"Do you work with people just starting out as a freelancer?"
A number of my clients have just been starting to work as a freelancer or consultant or working on switching from being a 'full-time freelancer' for a single client to having a portfolio of clients.
I can help you identify the specific next steps to take to go from full-time employee or part-time freelancer to full-time freelancer or consultant.
"Are 1-on-1 calls 100% effective?"
You get out what you put in.
- If you implement the advice you receive 100%, you’ll get back 150% in results
- If you give it an 80% effort, you’ll get back 50% in results
Think of these as the “100/150 Rule” and the “80/50 Rule” respectively.
In other words — you will get a very poor pay-out if you don’t go 100% on the advice you receive.
My job is to help you identify the lowest effort and the highest impact things to focus on.
I'll provide direction, answers to your questions, help you develop a plan, and remind you to do the work.
You, my friend? You still have to do the work.
"Is this a magic bullet? Will my business be transformed?"
There are no magic bullets.
1-on-1 Calls are wonderful for providing you with:
- Homework. You'll have specific next-steps to take to work on your business.
- Direction and a Plan. You'll get specific, personalized direction and feel secure in having a plan of what to work on next.
- Answers. I don't have all the answers, but I have some. Bring your questions and you'll get answers and direction on where to look for answers.
You, however, still need to do the work.
"If you had to meet my best friend, how would you explain your job to them?"
I teach freelancers and consultants how to market themselves with confidence and fill their pipeline with profitable leads.
"Who is this not right for?"
1-on-1 Calls is absolutely not a good fit if:
- You want to see changes immediately
- You don't have an investment mindset
- The idea of working towards a goal over time makes you feel icky
- You don't have the time (~4-hours/week) to invest in working on your business
- You're more interested in the latest marketing/startup/business fad than you are building a durable business
"What happens after I pay?"
Once you submit your payment, you’ll receive a link to schedule an appointment in my calendar and I'll send you The Business Health Analysis to complete.
"Are there any other costs?"
No. I might recommend a few books or pieces of technology that you can optionally invest in. There are no hidden fees or additional costs.
"I’m worried about sharing my business details"
Don’t be. I keep everything you share in strictest confidence. No specific or identifying details about you or your business will be shared with anyone.
"Can my business partner be on the call too?"
Calls are strictly 1-on-1. You are free to bring a list of their questions with you to ask on the call or share the recording of the call with them after the fact. The calls will only consist of two people: you and me.
"How long before I see results?"
If you’re committed about investing in yourself and have time regularly scheduled during the week to work on your business, then you could see results in as little as a few weeks.
But I don’t know you, how you work, or how you treat your business. If you don’t put in the necessary time, you won’t see the outcomes you’re looking for. Just like a gym membership.
"Do you offer refunds?"
No, refunds are not offered for calls.
"Who is this person talking to me?"
Heya! I’m Kai Davis and I teach freelancers and consultants how to market themselves with confidence and fill their pipeline with profitable leads.
I’ve been a Marketing Consultant for the last decade and a Business Coach for the last 5-years.
- I’ve given talks at sold-out conferences on two continents
- I’ve written 4+ books and created multiple courses on marketing for freelancers and consultants
- I write a daily column for consultants with actionable advice on how to build market habits to fill your pipeline with leads
- I hosted Make Money Online (http://makemoneyonline.exposed) a podcast about running an independent consulting business
- I'm frequently interviewed for my thoughts on what it takes to grow a successful consulting business
- I’ve coached over 400 freelancers and consultants 1-on-1 and in group settings on how to get more clients
I have over a decade of real-world experience successfully applying modern consulting marketing to my own consulting business — and that of the 400+ other freelancers and consultants I have coached and mentored.
I teach freelancers and consultants how to market their business to get more clients. I consider it my mission to teach freelancers and consultants how to get more clients.
I don't have all of the answers, but I have some of them.
Invest in a 1-on-1 call to get actionable advice about your business today.
Questions? You can always email me (Kai) directly at email@example.com.
— Kai Davis
Availability is Limited
I’m only available for a limited number of 1-on-1 calls each month. Scheduling is first come, first served.
The sooner you book your call, the sooner you’ll have the answers you need to improve your marketing and your business to the next level.
Kai is a wealth of knowledge, and it's clear that his goal is to make sure you achieve your goal in the most effective and efficient way possible
I wasn't sure the call would generate a Return on Investment for my business, but it did 🙂
As a result of the call, I have a better idea on tools, processes, and positioning improvements I can make, all of which have made my business easier, more sustainable, and more scalable.
— Erik J