It’s November 20th. Your inbox is about to be blown up with Black Friday deals, friend!
Take a page from the Ecommerce Playbook.
Offer your clients a discount on your services as a special for the holidays, Black Friday sale style.
Here’s the twist to help you make more money — that’s what you come to Uncle Kai for, isn’t it?
Use your ‘Black Friday’ or ‘Cyber Monday’ sale to promote (and sell) your future services.
When you send an email to your prospects (past clients, lost leads, current clients), offer them a discount on your future services at the start of the year.
Here’s How To Do This Today
- Make a list of your past clients
- Draft an email (jumping off template below) to them promoting your future services for sale today
- Customize your email for each person
- Send an email to each of them
That’s it. That’s what you do.
Step 1: Make a list of your past clients
Make a list of your past clients. You can do this with pen and paper or a spreadsheet.
Here’s a Thanksgiving gift for you: a spreadsheet you can use to make a list of your past clients. Make a copy here:
When you click a link, you’ll be prompted to make a copy. If you aren’t logged into your Google account, you’ll be asked to log in. (You can view and download the spreadsheet here)
Just fill out the ‘Green’ cells for this exercise.
(And after you make your list, make sure to check it once or twice)
Step 2: Draft Your Outreach Email
The most efficient way to draft a good outreach email is to:
- Identify a good-fit sample prospect
- Write an email to a prospect from your list
- Take your email and then it into a template [MADLIBS] style
- Personalize your email template for each of your prospects
This approach saves you the hard work of creating a fully custom email for each person you’re emailing and provides 80% of the benefits.
The second most efficient method?
Use this Customizable ‘Plug And Chug’ “Black Friday Consulting Special” Email Template as a jumping off point for your email. (Full credit to Kurt Elster for the inspiration for this email back in 2016)
Black Friday Outreach Email
Subject: [Black Friday Specials] Know anyone who might be interested?
Hi [Their Name],
Hope you’re staying sane and enjoying the start of the holiday season.
The one thing I know you don’t enjoy about the end to the year is thinking about all the work you’ll have to do on your business at the start of the year.
I’ve had several of my most successful clients come up with a clever way to tackle this problem.
They made it my problem.
They pre-paid me for a portion or all of next year’s services now to guarantee that their business and projects were getting the time, attention, and care they deserved at the start of the year.
As an extra incentive, you’ll receive a 15% discount on all projects paid for before the New Year.
Eligible projects include:
- [Project 1]
- [Project 2]
- [Project 3]
Know anyone who might be interested? If so, feel free to forward this email to them.
If you’re interested, you pick a time on my calendar here to talk so we can figure out a plan that works for you: [Calendly Link]
Here’s that email as a Google Doc for you to copy: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C01brsJLjt7zkF5yoloSmi-cNr_0UVH5nYUm4NbZ2-g/copy/
Step 3: Customize & Send
For each project, take your email template and fill in the [Bolded Sections In Brackets].
- Fill in [Their Name] with their first name from your spreadsheet
- Fill in the [Project] with a description of the project you can help with
- Fill in the [Calendly Link] with a link to your Calendly or schedule booking tool or choice
- For [Your Name] fill in your name
For [Project]s, think “Drip Email Marketing Setup” or “Facebook Advertising Roadmap.” If you struggle with this step, then cut the “Eligible projects include” line along with the project bullets.
Dynamite. You have an easily reusable and customizable email you can send to people you identified.
Your Next Steps
- Make a list of up to 10 people (clients, lost leads, past prospects, colleagues) to email using the spreadsheet linked below
- Draft an email to them using the template linked below
- Customize your email for each person
- Send your customized email out to each person
- Here’s your spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wblczdkS8k515ZFmxudluJqpRrlirCPbMSAcKNDptfQ/copy/
- Here’s your ‘plug and chug’ [Black Friday Specials] email template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C01brsJLjt7zkF5yoloSmi-cNr_0UVH5nYUm4NbZ2-g/copy
Get to work, my friend.